I got a Sony Clie PEG-TJ37. I was thinking about the PEG-TJ55, but I just could NOT deal with the wheel thing in the back – too awkward.
Since the info on getting this puppy to work with linux seemed a little scattered, I figured I’d make my notes here, maybe someone else would find them handy, too.
Just as a side comment, syncing with jpilot worked oddly until I changed from devfs to udev (I left devfs in the kernel, but used the boot option to prevent it from being mounted). Once I switched to udev, behavior made much more sense.
CONFIG_USB=y CONFIG_USB_DEVICEFS=y CONFIG_USB_EHCI_HCD=m CONFIG_USB_UHCI_HCD=y CONFIG_USB_SERIAL=m CONFIG_USB_SERIAL_VISOR=m
- Gentoo UDev Guide
- Using a Clie’s Memory Stick with Linux
- Sony Cliéand Linux Survey Results, Sony Cli éand Linux
- Palm Device Matrix – pilot-link Community Portal
- Sony Clié HOWTO
- clie-linux mailing list archives
- Wireless Sync HOWTO
- PDB Formats
- Palm Desktop File Formats